Artist Market Guidelines
2015 Artist Market , Saturday, December 5th
Thank you for participating in this year’s artist market. The Market is a benefit of being an artist member with the Shelby County Arts Council. We do not charge a booth fee for participation. We provide an enclosed space for you to sell your art.
Set-up: Thursday, December 3rd, from 10am-3pm or 4-7pm, Friday, December 4th from noon – 5:00 pm. Saturday, 7-8:30am. You will need to bring your own tables, signage, set up shelving, etc. There is NOT anyone here that will be able to help you move things from your car, so if you need assistance BRING YOUR OWN.
*Saturday, December 5th, 2014 from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm. Free Admission
Contact day of the event: Sandra Annonio
Limited space will be available on the Gallery Side if you would like to leave some merchandise for sale. The market will be open daily during regular business hours and in the evening during our performances. We have a performances on Dec 12 – Three on a String and 13 – Jingle All the Way with Delores Hydock and Bobby Horton.
· Each vendor will be assigned approximately a 10x10 space. First come first served for special request. We will place artists in the gallery space, if requesting to remain through Mid-December. All others will be placed on the performance side and if needed in the Pottery Studio.
· Painters with work suitable for hanging will be given priority on the Gallery Side.
· Limited Electricity will be available if requested.
· You must provide your own table or rent one for $10 from the SCAC (limited number available)
· We will provide chairs for the event.
· Be sure to bring change or your “square” to take credit/debit cards
· You are responsible for any sales tax requirements
Promotion: We are mailing postcards on November 12 about the event. We will have posters around Columbiana. We will do two constant contacts about the event and also post on Facebook. Please be sure you are promoting to your customer base as well! Your Facebook posts are seen by your customers! I will prepare an email that you may copy and send to ALL your email contacts! Invite them down….Sales are only going to happen if your inform folks you are selling and invite them to attend.
Lunch: We will arrange to have a lunch brought in the day of the event. Cost will be $7.00 per lunch.
Blue Phrog Gallery
Upscale gallery of all original artwork from around the Southeast. Main Street Montevallo, Alabama. 205-665-3726 www.bluephroggallery.com
Griffith Art Gallery
We are adding new paintings and new artists to the web on a constant basis. We have over 2500 original oil paintings on the sales floor and many more that we do not have room to display.
Parnell Library Gallery
Rotating exhibits coordinated by the Montevallo Arts Council are on display in the gallery throughout the year and are free and open to the public during regular library hours. www.montevalloartscouncil.org
Current Exhibit: MONTEVALLO DOWNTOWN "OVER THE YEARS"