Pottery - Beginning Handbuilding Class with Candye Lundy
Hand-building Pottery Class
Instructor: Candye Lundy
New Sessions begin in January 2016
- Monday Evenings 5:30-8:00 pm
- Thursday Mornings 10:30am -1:00 pm
A fun, relaxed class focusing on creating large serving pieces made from clay!
Learn the basics of handbuilding from SCAC Pottery Collective member Candye Lundy.
Class Fee: $115,
This class uses Cone 6 clay. Supplies(clay/glazes) not included in class fee. Bring your own clay (Cone 6) to class, available locally through Alabama Art Supply and Forstall Art Center in Birmingham.
Pottery - Getting Muddy!
Wednesday, April 13, 2016 from 10 am to Noon
Class Fee: $40
Join us for a morning of making a stoneware pottery serving tray with dip bowl this is sure impress your family and friends!
- One Morning Workshop
- No Prior pottery experience necessary
- All supplies included
- Return at your convenience to glaze
Pottery - Sculpture Class with Nelson Grice
Professional Potter - Nelson Grice - Will lead the class through the process of transferring clay into a sculpture.
This class is designed for the intermediate pottery student looking to expand their skills. Students should have completed a beginning handbuilding class prior to enrollment.
Visit his website: www.nelsongriceart.com/
June 2 - June 23, 2016; Thursday Evenings 6-8:00pm
- Turn a block of clay into a work of art
- Learn to create expressive features
- The world of sculpture ceramics is nearly limitless
Cost: $100 (includes firings). Bring your own supplies. RAKU clay is recommended for this class. You may purchase Raku clay at Alabama Art Supply, Forstall Art or contact Becky at Falcon Art Supply in Montevallo.
Pottery: Build, Throw, Fire! Wheel-class with Nita Terrell
Build, Throw, Fire!
Pottery: Build, Throw, Fire! evenings with Nita Terrell
Six-weeks pottery class- majority wheel throwing with some hand building
- Learn pottery techniques through productively working; on the wheel or through hand-built pieces
- Learn new skills or develop and improve skills by explore wheel throwing and hand-building techniques in a fun and relaxing environment.
- Learn about glazing, and select what color combination works for your projects.
- Personal training time is plentiful due to our small class size (limited to 6 students minimum of 2)
- Supplies: The studio fires Cone 6 clay for classes. Purchase you clay prior to class. Supplies are available locally through Alabama Art Supply or Forstall Art Center in Birmigham.
- We will throw on the wheel for the first class so bring an old towel if you can.
Sessions - Tuesday Evening, 5:00 - 7:30pm
Ages 15 – Adult
May 17 to June 28 (No class June 7, 2016)
Regular price: $115.00
Pottery: Open Studio
Open Studio at the SCAC!
Our pottery studio will be open for use! The monthly fee includes use of space, tools, wheels and firing in the kiln.
Non-students must have completed a minimum of three hand-building and/or wheel throwing classes to participate in the open studio.
You must supply your own clay and glazes! We bisque fire at Cone "04" and glaze fire at Cone "6".
Monthly Fee is $50.00 and must be paid in advance! Click for full Open Studio Guidelines.
Summer Studio Hours
Thursday - 1:00-5pm