Pottery - Beginning Handbuilding with Candye Lundy
Learn the basics of hand building pottery with Instructor Candye Lundy.
- Create your own Funcational Art!
- Four Week Session beginning May 2, 2015
- Saturday Classes are 9am - 1:00pm
Supplies(clay/glazes) not included in class fee. Bring your own clay (Cone 6) to class or we have Standard 112 available for purchase.
Cass Time: Thursday Evenings 6:00pm - 8:30pm
Pottery - Sculpture Class with Nelson Grice
From Nelson's Jester Series
Professional Potter - Nelson Grice - Will lead the class through the process of transferring clay into a portrait scupture.
Visit his website: www.nelsongriceart.com/
Tuesday, March 3 - March 24
- Turn a block of clay into a work of art
- Learn to create expressive facial features
- The world of sculpture ceramics is nearly limitless
Cost: $100 (includes firings). Bring your own supplies.
Pottery: Beginning Hand Building Pottery with Amy Pickens
- Perfect Class for Beginners....If you have always wanted to try pottery now is the time!
- Develop and improve skills and become more accomplished in the art of ceramics
- Supply list will be provided, but no need to bring anything to the first class. Clay supplies can be bought at class.
- Students will be given over-view of glazes to order for use on projects
- Small class size! Space is limited to 6 students
January 6 - February 10
February 16-March 24
March 31 - May 5
Instructor: Amy Pickens
Tuesdays, 10:30am - 1:00 pm
Ages 15 – Adult
Regular price: $115
Pottery: Build, Throw, Fire! Thursday evening Wheel-class with Nita Terrell
Build, Throw, Fire!
Pottery: Build, throw, Fire! Thursday evenings with Nita Terrell
Six-weeks pottery class- majority wheel throwing with some hand building
- Learn pottery techniques through productively working; on the wheel or through hand-built pieces
- Learn new skills or develop and improve skills by explore wheel throwing and hand-building techniques in a fun and relaxing environment.
- Learn about glazing, and select what color combination works for your projects.
- Personal training time is plentiful due to our small class size (limited to 6 students minimum of 2)
- Supplies: Supply lists will be provided at our first meeting, with some supplies available for purchase at that time.
- We will throw on the wheel for the first class so bring an old towel if you can.
March 5 - April 9th - Thursday Evenings
April 23 - June 4th - No class week of May 14th - Thursday Evenings
June 9 - July 7 - Tuesday Evening in Summer
Instructor: Nita Terrell
Thursday, 5:00 - 7:30pm
Ages 15 – Adult
Regular price: $115
- Students will be guided through the process of clay wheel-throwing while given freedom to add their own personalities to their work.
- Learn pinch & coil construction techniques and wheel throwing.
- Explore glazing techniques with bright, colorful, professional grade ceramic glazes!
Sessions are 6 weeks:
Call the studio for details on registering for this class.
Wednesdays, 4:00 - 5:30pm
Ages 8 – 12
Location: Shelby County Arts Council Studio – Columbiana
Pottery: Open Studio
Open Studio at the SCAC!
Our pottery studio will be open for use! The monthly fee includes use of space, tools, wheels and firing in the kiln.
You must supply your own clay and glazes! We bisque fire at Cone "04" and glaze fire at Cone "6".
Monthly Fee is $50.00 and must be paid in advance! Studio Guidelines will be posted.
Studio Hours: Monday 1-9pm, Tuesday Afternoon 1:30 until 6pm and Thursday Morning 10am-4pm.